Elite Canine Training & Behaviour Website Logo

Deadly Plants for Dogs if Ingested

Published December 6, 2021

Rain Lilly/Crocus

Deadly Plants for Dogs if Ingested

We will list some common plants in our gardens and public parks on the Sunshine Coast that can cause death if ingested although most plants can cause irritation to skin or gut upsets. So it is always important to supervise young puppies in your garden around plants and encourage interest in toys (although old and dried Palm Fronds are my true favourite). If you are concerned you puppy or dog may have consumed a plant please contact your vet immediately.

Geisha Girl / Sheena's Gold

Geisha Girl

Cycad - Sago Palm


Brunsfelsia - Yesterday Today & Tomorrow

Brunfelsia - Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow

Rain Lily

Rain Lily - Crocus

Azalea & Rhododendron


Start your journey to better behaved dogs today!

Work with a Professional Sunshine Coast Dog Trainer.

And an Amazing Team of Highly Experienced Dog Trainers.